Thursday, January 3, 2008

To Run or Not to Run

I've been having an inner battle these past few days about running. I haven't really ran since the Top of Utah Marathon, 4 of my toenails have yet to return to normal, and the motivation factor is gone. The problem is that when I trained for TOU I didn't know what I was getting myself into. I just blindly trained and hoped that I would finish. Ignorance was bliss and a definite contributor to completing the race. Now that I know the real work and effort it takes to complete a Marathon it's a bit of a disadvantage. A. I know that I can finish, and it's a realistic goal. B. I know how much time and effort is required to finish and do I have the stamina to train again? Ohh decisions decisions....

I've read that the hardest part about running is actually taking the first step. Aint that the truth! Anywhooo....I thought it would be great to run the Ogden Marathon this May, but in order to do that I have to start training by January 14th. Ugh.... and this is where the question comes in, to run or not to run. I kinda think I should, then my laziness kicks in and says, take it easy. I don't know. I guess I will know by January 14th though right? Stay tuned.

No comments: