Thursday, January 24, 2008

You Put What Up Your Nose?


Maddie has been sick the past few days. She's been coughing and had a runny nose. Before I go any further I must let you know that Maddie LOVES to put things up her nose, especially little wads of toilet paper. It has gotten so bad that I routinely have to ask her how her nose is and she quickly replies, "good". Anyways...as I was saying, Maddie has been under the weather lately and I hate when she's not feeling good. Nothing is worse than watching your child in pain and confusion and all you can do hold and comfort her the best you can. Well, we were at Walgreens yesterday looking for some stuff and suddenly Maddie sneezed two times. I quickly grabbed some Kleenex out of my purse and had her blow her nose. Not to get to graphic, but I notice something in the Kleenex which wasn't the usual "clear or green" if you know what I mean. Low and behold a little plastic piece from a G2 pen had dislodged itself from my daughter's nose. I was shocked and thankful that it had come out. She had been so congested that there was no way that I would have seen this in her nose. I took a picture of an identical G2 piece, it's next to a dime so you can tell the size. I'm hoping that the shoving things up your nose is just another phase for Maddie and a perk to Motherhood.

3 comments:

JUST BE... said...

Maddie knock it off!!!!

Jessica said...

I am sctually surprised Maren hasn't put anything up her nose. But if she did, she would probably blow it out. She loves to blow her nose.
Kids are so weird!

Rani said...

Oh great, so I have this to look forward to too! How you doing Tiff?!