Saturday, January 5, 2008

Hope for the New Year

All day I've been thinking and thinking about what this year may bring. I didn't make any New Year's Resolutions, usually can't even keep them up for a week so why bother? But today for some reason I started to put a list together of what I hope for this year. First and foremost I want to be a better person all around. I want to be a better Mommy, be more patient and understanding to my lil' munchkin's personality. Try to raise her into a lovely young girl. I want to be a better wife. I want to be more understanding and more communicative with my husband. It's funny we are both Comm Majors and we have the worst time talking to each other sometimes. I want to be a better sister and daughter, and keep in touch with ALL my family (both sides). I want be better spiritually. Keep up on the scriptures, not just lag like I have over the years. I want to better myself physically (and this does not mean get skinnier!) I guess I should rephrase and say "healthier" try to lower my cholesterol and that whole bit. I am 31 now, time to start thinking about what's healthy not just yummy. I can't believe that I just included the word cholesterol in my blog entry, I am getting old. I'd also like to be better my brain. Read more, maybe try to start and finish a crossword or two. I want to be a better friend, one that I would like to have. I'm thankful for the friends and family that I have. They are wonderful in so many ways. Sometimes I don't feel that I deserve them but I am most grateful, especially when I need to vent or are in search of advice and comfort. I hope this year brings change and happier times. I'm glad that 2007 is over, because a new year brings new hope, and promise. Alrighty then, I will jump off my soap box now and try to put together a more upbeat blog entry next time! :)

No comments: