Monday, February 4, 2008

The Greatest Snow On Earth!

I haven't blogged in awhile and I thought I could blog about the tons of snow we keep getting. I swear, it seems every morning I wake up and it's either snowing, just finished snowing, or is about to start snowing! Just yesterday, as it was snowing, I look out my window and I kid you not, there was a man across the street cross-country skiing. Now for those who are not familiar with Harrison Blvd. it is one of the more busier streets in Ogden and seeing a man on skis is not a daily occurrence. Seriously, I love winter and all that comes with that, but I am so over snow right now. The only bonus to all this snow is NOT having to here the local weathermen complain about how dangerously low the water level is and how we are in a drought. Brandon said that he heard we are 140% above normal right now, and I'm sure those numbers will only increase over the next month. Anyways, I keep meaning to purchase a $5 sled from Walmart and take Maddie sledding. I'm now kicking myself for DI'ing all my winter gear when we moved from Layton, because I thought I wouldn't be using it again. Now I'm debating on going back to the DI and buying someone else's gear just so I can play in the snow with Maddie. I guess I still have to learn things the hard way eh?



I officially have 18 inches of the white stuff on my front lawn.




Maddie wasn't too happy to be out in the white stuff either.

The sidewalk in front of my house.

One of the snowbanks bordering my almost non-existent driveway.



The birdfeeder in my backyard.

Maddie is standing in the snow and not too happy about it.



Standing in front of the snow bank. Maddie is just under 3 feet tall, so you can see how high the bank is.

No comments: