Tuesday, August 5, 2008

NO MORE DIAPERS!!!! and some fun in the sun...




I have officially begun potty training Maddie today. By that I mean she no longer has ANY diapers to wear whatsoever! I refuse to buy another package of diapers or wipes. Last night she went to bed without a diaper and has not had one on since! Yay. I can't tell you how excited I am. However, I am now constantly monitoring every move she makes. Asking her what feels like every other minute if she has to use the potty. In past posts I tried using candy "potty lemons" to bribe her to pee, but of course that only made her want to eat candy. After all the advice everyone gave me I decided that I was just sick of changing diapers and Maddie will be potty trained whether she likes it or not. I also feel that I've realized a part of Maddie's personality that I didn't recognize or was just in denial about. My child will not be the "she will grow out of it" child or the "she will stop/start when she's ready child". I have the "until you force me to actually change my behavior I will stay in my comfy little whatever forever child". I absolutely love Maddie to bits and I wouldn't change a single thing about her, but this parenting thing is not all it's cracked up to be. Also, with the whole potty training thing going on now I am totally paranoid about taking her out in public. I fear that she will pee all over her carseat or at a friend's house. Ugh...oh well, just the perks to having a diaperless child right? Anyways...since today was nice outside and I don't really care if Maddie pees in her bathing suit, I decided it would be a good "swim" day. She had more fun playing with the hose and running around rather than actually wading in her pool. But she had fun and laughed most of the time so I'm happy.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Great, you sure are adding to my excitement! Potty training sounds horrible! Why can't they potty train as easily as dogs? Well, at least Apollo was an easy dog to potty train. Not sure about others...