Friday, March 7, 2008

Bright Lights Big City











Today Maddie and I headed to Salt Lake for a day of fun. Even though I lived in Downtown Salt Lake for a couple of years, I get a little giddy coming down for a day of fun in our state's capital. First we headed to the Gateway. The Gateway is hands down the best mall in Utah and has the best stores. But I love it the most because there is a Gap! Yes, ever since the Gap went bye-bye in Layton I have to journey 45 minutes south just to shop there. I guess I could go online instead of roadtripping , but I'm pretty hesitant about that whole thing still. Anyways...off to the Gap and then some other shops.
Then we went to one of my new favorite finds to eat... Carlucci's Bakery and met up with Becky for lunch. My past visits I've only had the desserts, but today I actually ate "real food" and then splurged on a canolli and a pupcake for Maddie. They were delish.
Then we were off to visit Brandon at Temple Square, then to my Mom's for a quick visit. Then we hopped on TRAX and headed up to the Huntsman Center to watch the Lady Utes Gymnastic Meet.
Maddie loves riding the "train" and I did get a little nostaligic as we pulled up to the Huntsman Center. I haven't been theresince graduation last May and it was a great feeling to be back on campus.
I really wanted Maddie to see what gymnastics is all about. She's been in her beginning gymnastics now for almost 8 months and she immediately recognized all the apparatuses right off the bat. But I think her favorite part of the evening was getting her face painted and then riding TRAX back downtown. It was an eventful day and we had a blast just hanging out together. Maddie is getting better at being out and about so it really is becoming more fun than a hassle to take her places. By the end of the night I was wishing that we lived in Salt Lake, because I was not looking forward to the 45 minute drive home. Maddie was asleep in her carseat as soon as we excited the parking garage, so that was a bonus. I'm definitely looking forward to the next gymnastics meet a couple of weeks! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Krissy said...

Awe cute pictures! I'm glad that you and Maddie had so much fun. She's getting so big! I freaking hate that the GAP left Layton too!