Sunday, March 9, 2008

Jon and Kate Plus 8


My day usually consists of watching "Maddie shows" which as of today is pretty much anything on Disney Channel, but she really gets jazzed about Hannah Montana and Suite Life with Zack and Cody. I know, she's only 2, but she really does get a kick out of those shows. One of these days I have to get her on video of dancing to the opening credits of the shows. It's hilarious, and adorable.
When I do take a "Mommy turn" to watch what I want to watch I will always pick "Jon and Kate Plus 8" on TLC, if it's on. I'm not a fan of reality shows, but this is a true reality show, no script, no b-rate celebrities trying to rekindle a non-existent career, no lame dating show or what have you. This is the story of a married couple who had difficulty getting pregnant and used fertility treatments to have a family. They first had twins and then went for a second try and got....sextuplets! Yowzahs.
I don't know if I should admit this, but it's true, after a crazy day with Maddie I like to sit down, relax and watch an episode and I immediately am more grateful for my one lil' handful. It gives me the energy and optimism to tackle another day as a mommy. I could never imagine the chaos or absolute exhaustion it must take to be at home with 8 little one all day long! May the Lord bless Jon and Kate. Seriously, after watching the show I need to just take a deep breath. It is just crazy watching the those little kids. They are cuties and it's nice to see little toddlers doing the same things that Maddie does.
Also, these parents have values, and integrity and the children are as well behaved as any young 3 year olds could possibly be. I definitely recommend it to anyone out there looking for some good wholesome entertainment that will leave you with a smile on your face.

2 comments:

Krissy said...

Maddie has good taste! I like Hannah Montana and Suite Life too!!! Sometimes these are my TV shows of choice - Gotta love the Disney Channel I like most of their shows. I really don't like Cory in the House - they need to get rid of it and get something better.

Denise said...

When is this show on? I have been wanting to watch it, a lot of people talk about it.