Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Gymnastics Bungee Day!












I haven't blogged in awhile so I thought I would post some pics from Maddie's gymnastics class. I've been taking her to gymnastics since last August. At first she was really shy and couldn't even jump. Now she's all over the place and her favorite thing to do is jump on the couch, the bed, the grass, the ground, anywhere! It's fun watching the kids do their "warmups" and I love that her class is at an actual gym. I get nostalgic and reminisce about my limited time I had with gymnastics when I was younger. Sometimes I wonder who is having more fun, me or Maddie? I've definitely had as much fun if not more running around the gym and jumping on all the different tramps. I love the springboards and foam pit. Although she's not doing her roundoff back-handsprings (in due time right?) her pediatrician said that I am instilling a "healthy lifestyle" by getting her involved in physical activities. So, I guess I deserve a pat on the back for being a good Mommy.

Her class starts off with a 15 minute warmup and then we focus on one apparatus for 15 minutes. Then she gets to have "playtime" for the next 15 minutes. She usually bolts for the big trampoline and then makes her way over to the other equipment. Today we did the "bungee" which the more skilled gymnastics use to master flips. I'm tempted to ask Fred (coach) if I could try it one day, it looks like fun and Maddie has a blast.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Go Maddie! That is so cute, Kimball would love something like that, even if he were the only boy!

Krissy said...

Awesome! That looks like SO MUCH FUN. Thanks for sharing the pictures!