Saturday, April 12, 2008

Baby Farm Animal Day

Today Maddie and I went to the annual "Baby Farm Animal Day" at the American West Heritage Center in Wellsville. We got there bright and early and it was already packed with people and children of all ages. I tried to get Maddie to take advantage of the free pony rides, but she wasn't quite up to it. We then checked out the "Petting Zoo" and she was more afraid than anything in there. I think the idea of little baby cows walking around freaked her out. Anyways...we wandered around and as you can tell by the pics it was a beautiful day. The weather was perfect and not a cloud in the sky. Some of the volunteers are dressed up like pioneers and Maddie kept saying "Little House on the Prairie". Yes, that's another show that we watch together from time to time. I'm gonna say her favorite part of the whole day was taking a ride on the covered wagon. We tried it out more than once. My favorite part was buying the best $4 kettle corn money could buy. Yum yum! I wish there would have been more baby animals there, but what was there was pretty neat. Little lambs, foals, calves, a piglet, and some baby goats. The whole experience made me want to go camping. But I totally looked forward to taking a hot bath when we got home to wash off all the dirt and animal funk off! :)

3 comments:

Krissy said...

So awesome! I wanted to go up on Friday - but it ended up being too cold - and we were too busy on Saturday. I love the Heritage Farm! My sister-in-law has been one of the volunteers in the past - and loved it. I'm going next year for sure! And Mikade will be old enough to enjoy it more too!

Jessica said...

I love baby animal days. One of the things I miss about living in Cache Valley

Becky said...

FUN!