Monday, September 20, 2010

Did That Just Happen???


(Me right after I finished TOU 2007)

Today I ran for the first time in two weeks. It felt great, in fact I was smiling big (like the photo above) for the first mile. I knew from my first few steps that I was back! I planned out a little 2 mile run...just to be safe. It was short, flat, and easy. As I completed Mile 1 and proceeded to turn around to head home I misstepped and fell. Yes fell, with my left knee and both hands breaking my fall. Seriously! What just happened is all I could think, that and EVERYONE at this intersection is staring at me. So I hopped up as fast as I could and headed home. So now I have a little scraped knee, but my legs feel great and I'm going full speed ahead.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Old age is what happened! LOL Seriously I think that is why I'm scared to get out there and run. I'm scared I will run for about 10 steps then have to walk the rest. Be careful girl don't go and break a hip on us.