Monday, September 8, 2008

First Day of Preschool


My little girl is all grown up. Today Maddie went to her first day of preschool. She was on the waitlist at Munsey and they called last Friday to let me know a slot opened up. I didn't know when Maddie would be starting so I called this morning at 8:45 a.m. to confirm her slot. They said I could bring her in today (class started at 9:00 a.m.). So of course I decided to make a mad dash to school. Maddie had been enjoying her leisurely morning routine of watching morning cartoons in her underwear and drinking chocolate milk. Well, I put a quick stop to that, luckily she was in a good mood to get dressed (picked out her own outfit). I usually would have preferred something more on the "cute scale" but I was more concerned with getting her to school in 15 minutes. Anyways, we were off and running in 10 minutes and with a little coaxing and some tears from Maddie she was off to school! It's only twice a week for almost 3 hours, but hey it's a chance for me to get caught up on stuff and a nice break in the day for the munchkin. I can't believe how fast she's grown up.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

So grown up. Not the chubby little baby that anymore. Time flys! Enjoy those few childless hours. And I hope you are enjoying your barista position. Mmmm carmel machiato(sp)

susan said...

Ah preschool. Such a precious time—for parents of course, since you now have a few priceless moments alone to take care of things.

Now that Gem is in preschool I don't know how I ever managed without preschool time.

Karin Austin said...

You and I are sooo alike. I won't ever admit how often I've done the same thing. he! he!