Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Touch Down Tennessee

Sorry this post is a few weeks overdue. Today we FINALLY got our cable and Internet access hooked up at our new house. It's sad how much I depend on the Internet to function day to day. We had been making daily trips to our local library to get online to check email and try to keep up with day to day news. But now we are online and good to go! I don't have any great pics to post yet, I will definitely get some posted in the near future. We found a little house a few blocks from campus which will be perfect for our time here in Johnson City. Even though we are only about 2 miles from downtown our little street has a country charm to it. Our landlord informed us that there is a rabbit that lives in the area and would be stopping by for daily visits. Not to disappoint, that rabbit (now goes by the name of "Bunny") is a daily fixture of our backyard. I will have to get a pic of him. There are also numerous squirrels that race up and down our street and too many birds to count are always chirping in the trees. We are still trying to get use to all the streets, but I've located Target, Starbucks, and the mall so I'm already feeling at home in our new city. I'm intrigued by the Southern accent that the majority of people here have. If I'm not careful I can easily slip into when ordering food. It's pretty entertaining to listen to strangers jabber on about their day events. Anyways, stay tuned for upcoming pics of the wonderful little town of Johnson City.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Zito Family,

Hello and Welcome to TN!!! You don't know me except that we have a few mutual friends back in Utah. I am Krissy's friend, Melissa, and I live in Kingsport. Krissy told me that she had a good friend moving here and that I should give you a buzz since you are brand new and don't know anybody. Anyway, feel free to message back anytime and maybe we can get together sometime and I can reassure you after the culture shock I am sure you have had. We have been here for three years and we love it!! My sister Emily (and Dave) Wilhite are probably in your ward (Johnson City Ward?). I told her to make friends with you so she will be looking for you. Feel free to ask us anything about the area and we will try our best to help. Hope to meet you soon! ~Melissa

Jessica said...

Glad you guys arrived safely. My friend was just telling me how much seh misses the south(she is from UT, but lived in Nashville for the past 4 years and just moved to vegas) I hope you enjoy it as much as she and her fam did.

Krissy said...

Hello!!! Bunnies, squirrels and tons of birds! Sounds like a fairytale! Are Cinderella and Snow White your next door neighbors too! Ha, ha! I'm totally kidding! I'm actually just really jealous! It sounds great! I can't wait for a picture of the bunny!!! It's great that you guys were able to find a place so quickly!

Oh, and I'm glad Melissa left you a message too! :)

Josh said...

Hey, I hope you guys are having a blast. I am so happy that you are able to be doing what you have always wanted to.